Tuesday 6 March 2007

About to start the Lenalidomide (Revlimid) Trial

All being well, on Thursday I will finally start my involvement in the Lenalidomide ( Revlimid) Drug Trial. I find it interesting that though I know I need to do this and that there might be very few options left for me, there is a slight ( very slight I should add!!)bit of reluctance that I'll be starting on a whole new therapy once again. I've already had C-Vadd, a stem cell transplant, been on Thalidomide, had Velcade and was latterly on an Idarubycin( check the spelling Stewart!) mix. The wee bit of reluctance is simply that- as I'm currently not on any therapy- I actually feel remarkably well. As many myeloma patients say- its sometimes the treatment that's harder work than the condition. However, any reluctance I might have is tempered by the fact that I'd rather stay around a bit longer and I have quite a few things still to do on my wish list as well as spending more time with family and friends. I don't have the old boat or Range Rover I spoke about in " You've got fleas" but I do manage to keep the risk level up and keep my neighbours worried by getting out on my mountain bike and have also now invested in a trailer to tow our old dog along with me. And they said eccentricity was dead!

My plan in this blog/diary is to keep a record of how I feel going through the Lenalidomide trial and what effects it has on me and my family- I've always been keen to include the effects that drugs have not just on me but also on my family as they are influenced just as much as I am by what the various drugs do to me. Even the dog gets included here- if I don't feel so good- less walks for the dog and no trailer rides!

If you'd like to get back to me for any reason then just email Stewart .

More to follow after I begin the treatment on Thursday.

No comments: